20 year Acrylic Nail user Doug Young Demos Tiptonic Finger Picks. Doug explains how to put on Tiptonic Finger Picks and compares them to the tone of his acrylics as they grow out and fall off during the COVID pandemic.
Ken Leiboff plays claw hammer banjo, ukulele and steel string guitar and demonstrates how he uses his Tiptonic Finger Picks on each instrument.
Putting on and Taking off Tiptonic Finger Picks using an Activator
Here is a quick video showing how to put on and take off Tiptonic Fingernail Picks after using the Activator for 3 minutes to rejuvenate the adhesive.
To Put on Tiptonic Fingernail Picks
- Place a Fingernail Pick in one of the seven Activator slots
- Plug in the Activator
- Let the adhesive warm up for 2 or 3 minutes until it goes from a matte finish to glossy and shiny
- Turn the opening in the Activator to select your pick
- Tip the pick into your left hand
- Line up the end of your fingernail with the slot in the pick
- Push the pick onto your nail while keeping the back lifted up off of the top of your nail as long as possible as you slide it on
- Squeeze the cuticle area of the pick firmly down onto your nail
- Hold the pick on tightly for a few seconds
- Unplug the Activator
To Take Off Tiptonic Fingernail Picks
- Hook your left thumbnail under the side of the cuticle area of the pick
- Lift up with your thumbnail and you push the pick off of the end of your nail
- Use slow steady pressure and the adhesive will remain on the pick
- Place your pick back in the Activator for storage until needed again
Donovan Raitt playing his fantastic fingerstyle arrangement of The Beatles “Something” with his Tiptonic Fingernail Picks
FRETMONKEY RECORDS proudly ANNOUNCES our newest artist…the legendary, Don Alder! Don is currently the only guitarist on the planet to have won all the top modern guitar competitions and his long list of accolades puts him alongside the top players in the acoustic genre. We are thrilled he has joined the FMR family and you can expect to hear much more from him in the coming months. For now, check out his remake of "Marshal’s Lanai"!Yamaha:guitarra – guitar Riversong Guitars Dyer Harp Guitars Ernie Ball Seymour Duncan Laney Amplification Journey Instruments Sunburst Gear Elite Acoustics Santo Angelo Cables Tonewood-Amp Guitar Hands Hand Care
Posted by FRETMONKEY RECORDS on Tuesday, August 23, 2016