The Activator Case
The Activator is the versatile pick case at the center of the Tiptonic Finger Pick System. It warms the adhesive so that when pressed onto your nail, it imprints with the shape to completely fill any gaps in the fit. In addition, it rejuvenates the adhesive so you can use them over and over again. Just place your Finger Picks back in their slots in the Activator Case when you finish playing to store them until you need them again.
When plugged in, the Activator rejuvenates the adhesive in about 4 minutes. It will keep the adhesive activated and ready to go indefinitely until it is unplugged. Always unplug when not in use. Do not leave the Activator plugged in while unattended.
Power Supply Cord / Power Adapter Included with Activator. Click to order Replacement
For customers outside of the US we recommend that you begin with one of our Finger Pick Samplers to find your pick sizes first then upgrade to an Activator later, if needed. We currently stock power supply cords with plugs for use in the US and Canada, AU, EU, and the UK. The US type plug comes standard with Activators and Starter Kits unless otherwise requested. Please add a note and specify which type plug you prefer if purchasing an Activator or use outside of the US.
How to Activate your Picks
- Turn the dial on the Activator Case to an open slot. Place a pick into the opening, adhesive side up. Rotate the dial to the next slot and insert the next pick. Each of the seven slots holds one pick.
- Plug the power adapter into an electrical outlet.
- Connect the power cord into the back of the Activator. This will turn on the unit. The LED light on top should turn Red.
- Wash and dry hands to remove oil from the nails, or clean nails by wiping them with rubbing (isopropyl) alcohol.
- In approximately 2 minutes until the LED light will turn Amber and your fingernail picks are ready to go.
- Leave your picks in the Activator as long as needed. They will remain ready to go until you need them. To get maximum life out of your Activator always unplug it when not in use.
- When ready to use; turn the Dial opening to your first pick and tip the pick into the palm of your left hand. Be careful not to touch the adhesive as you grasp the pick, line it up with your nail and press it in place.
How to put on Tiptonic Finger Picks
- Rejuvenate the adhesive by plugging in the Activator for about two minutes. See How to Activate Your Picks, above for details.
- Wipe your nails clean with rubbing alcohol or wash your hands with soap and water to remove excess oils from your nails.
- Pick up the Activator and turn the Dial opening to your first pick.
- Tip the Finger Pick into the palm of your hand. Be careful not to touch the adhesive
- Align the end of your nail with the nail slot on the inside of the pick. The nail slot should hook under your nail on the sides.
- Slide your nail into the slot while lifting slightly up on the back of the pick. Be careful not to let the adhesive touch the top of your nail until it is almost all of the way on.
- Once your nail has been pushed all of the way into the pick, press down firmly on the top of the pick for several seconds, squeezing it onto the top of your nail.
- Check to make sure that the pick feels secure and that it is hooked under your nails on the sides and is pushed all of the way on.
- Your Finger Pick is now ready for use. Repeat procedure for remaining picks, one at a time by selecting it with the dial and shaking it out into the palm of your hand.
- Be careful not to touch the adhesive with anything oily, including your skin.
- When all your picks have been applied, unplug to turn it off.
- Always unplug when not in use.
How to remove Tiptonic Finger Picks and Store them in the Activator
- Use your opposite thumb nail to very slightly and gently lift up at the cuticle end of the pick.
- Push the Pick with slow pressure downward and outward away from the cuticle and off the end of your nail. The adhesive will slowly release from your nail and remain on the pick.
- Be careful not to touch the adhesive with your fingers or anything oily.
- Place your Finger Picks immediately back in their slot in the Activator after removing them. They will remain safely stored until the next time they are needed. When ready to use them again, just plug in the power cord to activate the adhesive, press them on and play!